An Advent Study and Sermon Series
Recital of Love, by Karen Dibbens-Wyatt, is a collection of treasures gathered up in prayer.
Each one focuses on something precious to God, hopefully giving us an insight into his heart and the grace to look at life with a different, more eternal perspective. Written as nuggets of wisdom and encouragement in poetic prose, these pieces are garnered from silent contemplation, and presented to be savored by all God's beloved children. Books are available in the Atrium for $10 or may be purchased from your favorite online bookseller. A study handout is available, by request, through the church office.
Christmas Eve Services
As the Book of Luke tells us, the angel said to the shepherds, “I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all people.” The good news is Armstrong Chapel will offer four traditional in-person Christmas Eve worship services at 5:00, 7:00, 9:00 and 11:00pm in the Sanctuary. For everyone’s safety, each service can accommodate 120 people to allow for social distancing. Masks will be required for all attending. The Sanctuary will be cleaned to proper guidelines in between each service.
With limited seating per service, we will use an online reservation site. You will have the opportunity to reserve your seats for the service of choice. Reservations are REQUIRED by Sunday, December 20. Call the office at 513-561-4220 if you need assistance. You will be asked for name, email, phone and number of seats needed. Contact information is important in the event contact tracing is necessary. Those who have selected a service with less than 30 reservations as of December 20, will be contacted and asked to select a different service time.
Your out of town guests are welcome to attend worship with you. Ideally, your guests have been in town for a minimum of 48 hours. We ask that everyone attending be healthy and symptom free. Temperatures will be taken upon arrival at the check-in area. Infants and Children are welcome to attend with their families. A Children’s Activity Kit will be available. Nursery care will not be available. Please see more on what to expect when you arrive on the back.
Not ready for in-person Christmas Eve worship?
We understand and respect that some of you are not ready for in-person events. A recorded Christmas Eve service will be available online at armstrongchapel.org. Those wanting an optional Christmas Eve Take Home Worship Kit may reserve one online for pick up. The kit includes: 1 candle for each family member, a printed worship resource with instructions for viewing online, Christmas giving information and optional Children’s Activity Kits.
Christmas Eve Take Home Worship Kits MUST be reserved by December 14 and may be picked up at church on Sunday, December 20 from 11:00-1:00 drive-through style in the parking lot. If you cannot pick up your kit on Sunday, you may do so at the church office no later than 2pm on Tuesday, December 22. Kits will not be available after this deadline.
The birth of our Lord and Savior is one of the most cherished times in the Christian calendar. Whether you choose to worship in-person or at home, we gather in joy this Christmas!
Christmas Hospitality - Volunteers Needed
Please consider being an Usher or Greeter for the Christmas Eve Worship Service you plan to attend.
Greeters: (8 per service) Arrive 45 minutes before the service. Greet and check in of guests. 4 Greeters will perform touchless temperature checks. 4 Greeters will check in guests. If Greeters are staying for the service, please make reservation accordingly.
Ushers: (1 head Usher and 3 Ushers per service) Arrive 45 minutes before the service. Usher guests to their reserved seats. 1 Usher for each door. Head Usher will monitor the Narthex to ensure flow. Ushers will dismiss the congregation by row at the end of the service. If Ushers are staying for the service, please make reservations accordingly.
NOTE: Confirmation and instructions will be sent to all those volunteering prior to the services.
What to Expect When You Check-in on Christmas Eve
1. Arrive Early - Please arrive at least 10 minutes before the start of the service and no more than 30 minutes. This will make sure we have plenty of time for properly cleaning and starting the service on time.
2. Enter - All guests should enter through the Atrium entrance. Handicap parking and a ramp are available at the Atrium entrance
3. Temperature - Greeters will be available at the entrance to do a quick and touchless temperature check.
4. Ticket - Have your ticket handy. Show it to the greeter at the table based on the first letter of your last name)
5. Pathway - Once checked in, proceed to the Sanctuary by way of the grand staircase or elevators as needed. If using the elevator, please limit occupancy to family members only.
6. Seating - An usher will direct you to your reserved seats.
7. Christmas Eve Worship Kit – Your kit will be ready for you at your assigned seats. This will include your candles, bulletins and a Christmas offering envelope. For families with elementary aged children and younger, your bag will include children’s items.
8. Dismissal - Please wait to be dismissed from the Sanctuary. Enjoy the post service music until an usher releases your row. Please do not mingle in the building. You may practice social distancing in the parking lot.
9. Remember - Please wear your mask and maintain social distancing at all times.